Why this genetic test for your eligible patients?
- Patients will receive comprehensive testing of the RPGR gene.*
- The genetic counselors working on this program are highly trained in the genetics of inherited retinal diseases.
- There is no-cost to patients for genetic testing or genetic counseling.
- Appointments occur over the phone, so families can participate regardless of location, with convenient at-home sample collection.
- You remain your patient’s advocate. All referring providers and patients will receive a written summary of the findings and a copy of the genetic test result.
* Note that comprehensive panel testing is an appropriate test for many patients with inherited retinal dystrophies. For patients who do not meet criteria or have not previously undergone genetic testing, NGS-based panel testing is available through an open access genetic testing and genetic counseling program sponsored by the Foundation Fighting Blindness.